The Lakefront Home
This beautiful Home is located just a few miles from Polson on the East Shore of Flathead Lake. It features spacious rooms overlooking the lake and airy cathedral ceilings. Looking out at the expanse of the lake, it is easy to think you are on a cruise ship. The bedrooms have cathedral ceilings with windows up high that welcome a gentle flow of sunlight. The master bedroom has a comfortable queen bed. Another room has a single-over-queen bunk bed. The shared two-sink bathroom includes a tub, shower and well-stocked linen closet. The large wrap-around deck has patio furniture for outdoor dining and leisure. There is plenty of space to relax and mingle with a tastefully furnished kitchen and dining area, plus a large sofa and chair in the living room. The dining areas include seating for six people at either indoor or outdoor meals. The kitchen is completely equipped and allows ample room for assistants to the cook. Plenty of parking is available, and there is even more parking on the street above. The large level front yard is well-loved with plenty of space for croquet, badminton, or volleyball.
The home has an excellent, regularly tested artesian well providing water which is excellent to drink. Only eco-friendly products are used in the home and the yard. The lake water is some of the cleanest with monitoring by Tribal and State agencies.
Rates cover: large, private, upper level of split level home (1111 sq.ft.) and wrap-around deck. Lower level is the caretaker quarters. Large yard, dock, fire pit and forest for walks along the shore. The private deck has dinning for 6 and Adirondack chairs. Two bedrooms (King, queen and single bunk bed). Full bath with stocked linen closet. Private washer and dryer. Wi-Fi, cable, iron and board, hair dryer and curling iron. Fully appointed kitchen, furnished living room and dinning nook. Sleeps six. Children under 2 years of age stay free. Rates also cover home amenities and entertainment listed at the bottom of the site.
Having a Wedding!!
The level area of the yard is well-loved for its spaciousness and is a great location for wedding photos. Book well in advance; the home next door is also available for rental and will provide space for an additional 20 guests.
150 Feet of Lakefront -- Amazing Sunsets!
Beautiful scenery of the lake, big blue skies, spectacular sunsets and massive trees awaits you at this peaceful, eco-friendly lakefront home. With breathtaking views all around you, relaxation and joy are here to enjoy. The sun sets right down in front of you in rich displays of color expanding throughout the sky. The long summer days allow for many hours of outdoor play. The beautiful scenery of the lake is available day and night for your enjoyment.
The morning greets you with flights of ospreys and bald eagles from the adjacent undeveloped wetlands. This is also a haven for the wildlife -- deer, raccoon, fox, ducks and geese, doves, songbirds, gulls, eagles, owls and hawks. This is a great place to kayak through after breakfast.
In the evenings you can gather around the fire pit to roast hot dogs and marshmallows, or just enjoy the wonder of the stars and the Montana night.
Bring your watercraft or rent what you like at several rental facilities nearby. Tie up at the dock in the deeper water at its end. Walk and explore, or enjoy a swim – there is plenty of room to play. Weather systems moving across the lake are a delight to watch and the winds provide great opportunities for sailing.
Individual counseling, couple counseling, family counseling, generational trauma resolve, physical illness and injuries resolve, life coaching, career coaching, corporate coaching, nutritional coaching, and Yi Ren Qigong are all available while you stay in the beauty and comfort of your own lake home. We provide a safe space to allow for your transformation! Available any time of year, wellness retreats can enhance the life we live and benefit those around us. Additional sessions over the phone can help continue the process of personal and family wellbeing. Please book sessions when you are making your rental reservation if possible.
For more information on Laurel's work, check out Conscious Completion or click on "Our Team" page above.
Custom Woodworking Art Souvenirs
Made in Montana engraved art is available for your convenience and delight. Art is custom made with animals, nature scenes and even your own photo. Different kinds of wood are available to choose from. Take home a special memento of a special place.
~ The photo below is taken from the deck. The other photos on this page are also taken at the lake home. ~
"One of the Cleanest Lakes in the World"
Flathead Lake is the largest natural freshwater lake west of the Mississippi River. The lake sits at 2893 feet above sea level and is 28 miles long and 8-15 miles wide. The lake is 370 feet deep at the deepest point and is one of the cleanest large lakes in the world. Adding to the lake’s character are several large islands, the largest of which is Wild Horse Island (more than 2,000 acres). This island is home to several wild horses and a herd of Bighorn Sheep as well as numerous deer and bald eagles. It is now a state park.
The Flathead Lake Biological Station (FLBS) is a University of Montana Center of Excellence that conducts ecological research with an emphasis on fresh water, particularly Flathead Lake and the Flathead watershed. The Bio Station provides field ecology courses for college students, natural resource professionals and educators from around the nation; trains graduate students for professional and teaching careers; and provides scientific data, interpretation and outreach to help resolve environmental problems and inform public policy. Founded in 1899, FLBS is one of the oldest active biological field research stations in the United States. It is located at Yellow Bay on the East Shore of Flathead Lake.
Current 2018 Rates & Check in Information
April 25 - May 31: $255 per week day -- $275 per weekend day
June 1 - September 24: $350 per week day -- $375 per weekend day
November 23 - December 2 or December 21 - January 6: $350 per week day -- $375 per weekend day
September 25 - April 24: $200 per week day -- $250 per weekend day
Accepting bookings starting June 1, 2018.
Rates are for up to 6 guests. A $1000 security deposit is required with every reservation -- fully refundable if the property is properly cared for and returned in the condition you found it. The cleaning fee is $125 per stay. The full rental payment, cleaning fee, rental contract and deposit are required to reserve your vacation rental. There is a 7% Montana Lodging Tax . No pets or smoking are allowed. Long-term renters are welcomed; minimum age limit for renters is 21; children are welcomed. The home is not wheelchair accessible. Minimum stay is two nights. Check in is at 4pm and check out is by 11am.
Guests wishing to stay two weeks or longer will receive a discount of 10% from their rental fee at the time of booking.
FREE and Easy Payment Option!!
We accept checks or you can send payments easily and free of charge online if you are part of Clearxchange -- it is a convenient way of making or receiving payment. It is easy to set up, takes a few days to post and then it is available for payment as well as receiving your deposit. Please send all payments to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Just Click on the "Book N0w" Right Below
If you are paying with check, please mail the rental agreement along with your payment to: Laurel Anderson-Rostami 1320 N. 38th St. Renton, WA 98056. For scanned agreement email to: email@example.com.
The rental is being renovated this winter; new home photos will be posted once it is completed.
Sunset Point Lake Home Rental Agreement.pdf
Size : 272.227 Kb
Type : pdf
For fun and the great view come by train. The nearest airports are Glacier Park International Airport at Kalispell (51 mi), and Missoula International Airport (69 mi). A car is recommended.
FOOD, FUN, GOLF, GALLERIES & GIFTS!
We are located minutes from golfing, dining, and downtown Polson. Polson offers art galleries, book stores, gift shops, dining, health food, yoga classes, a 2-screen movie theater, Aviation Tours, Casino, museums, fitness center, indoor pool, and several city lake parks.
Below is a tour of the golf course!!
Magnificent Polson & the Mission Valley
Polson is the largest town on Flathead Lake. It is located at the south end of Flathead Lake on the Flathead Indian Reservation. This lakeside community is the trading center for one of Montana’s most fertile farming areas. In a prime cherry growing region and home to numerous cherry orchards, Polson celebrates with an annual Cherry Festival.
The broad, sweeping Mission Valley south of Polson is bordered by the rugged, snow-capped Mission Mountains. The Flathead River that flows from Polson features whitewater rafting and Kerr Dam. The National Bison Range at Moiese with its large herds of bison, elk, deer, antelope and barn sheep is nearby, as well as the Ninepipes and Pablo Wildlife Refuges for bird watchers. Pablo Reservoir National Wildlife Area (15 minutes away), provides refuge to upland birds and roughly 80,000 ducks. One-half hour south, Ninepipe National Wildlife Area offers still more great habitat and hunting. We are located on the Salish/Kootenai reservation which offers great native culture, a 114 year-old Pow Wow at Arlee and moving frescoes at St. Ignatius Mission. The stunning Mission Mountain Wilderness has dozens of lakes and offers great day hikes. The Garden of Ten Thousand Buddhas, 50 miles south, offers peace and inspiration for the spiritual traveler.
Memorable Moments in Every Season
In the summer you get the bonus of the Cherry Festival, Flathead Lake Blues Festival, and many more goodies seen in the list below. In the fall the the leaves change making for beautiful cool hikes. In the winter you can curl up with hot cocoa and enjoy the view of the beautiful snow covered lake, trees and mountains. It is a great place to decompress while skiing, sledding, ice fishing, ice skating, cross country skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing. Kids enjoy making snow forts and snow people. With skiing only 21 miles away, Polson's indoor swimming pool, and a great fitness center, the active traveler can get invigorated! In the spring, usually March 16, the trumpeter swans arrive to the lake providing a very magical view of nature.
The 25-minute movie below provides stunning footage and great information.
SPORTS & ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
- Banana Tube Rides and Flyboarding -- Riverside Recreation, 412 2nd Street W, Polson, (406) 883-2300. Recreation equipment rentals also includes Sea Kayak rental, stand up paddle boards, personal water craft, ski boats, pontoon boats, etc.
- Cross Country Skiing - right out your front door!
- Cycling -- There is a designated bike trail past the Walmart/Safeway shopping center. A hundred yards north, the old railroad bed has been converted into a 15-mile non-motorized walk/bike path. Several nice biking loops using this path and the country roads south of town are available.
- Fishing events
- Freshwater Fishing -- The Jocko River offers excellent catch-and-release trout fishing. Kerr Dam spillway provides oxygen rich water for a variety of species from trout to bass and pike. Flathead Lake is a well-known lake trout fishery with an unlimited catch limit during Mack Days when anglers can win prize money of up to $5,000 for tagged fish. The Flathead River and several mountain lakes offer still more fishing opportunities.
- Golf -- Polson Bay Golf Club, 406-883-8230. The largest course in the area; "Old Course" is a challenging 9 hole course. Mature course surrounded by huge pine trees. "Championship 18 Hole" championship length. Open, long and fast -- the only course directly on the shore of Flathead Lake. It is 1/4 mile from your rental home! Two other courses are within 20 minutes drive. Nine more courses are between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours drive. All totaled, there are 216 holes of beautiful, challenging golf in the area.
- Hiking -- Glacier National Park -- (406) 888-7800.
- Hunting -- Hunting is available on thousands of acres of State and Salish Kootenai Tribe lands.
- Ice Skating -- right out your front door!
- Jet Skiing -- Flathead raft rents sea kayaks, jet skis and paddleboards for your own use. We also have paddleboards you can use.
- Kayaking -- right out your front door!
- Mountain Biking -- Polson Bikes -- They offer tours and rentals.
- Running -- Polson Triathlon is a locally run, locally inspired Olympic Distance Triathlon.
- Sailing -- Dayton Yacht Harbor -- Lessons and Rentals -- We offer sailing tours, weather permitting!!
- Scuba Diving or Snorkeling
- Skiing -- Snowboarding -- Nearest ski area is 21 miles away at Blacktail Mountain Ski Area.
- Snow forts, snow people and making angels in the snow!
- Snowmobiling -- Winter Wonderland Sports
- Swimming -- right out your front door!
- Water Parks -- Boettcher Park, Big Sky, Woodland Water Park (406) 758-7812
- Water Skiing -- right out your front door! -- Wild Wave.
- Waverunners -- Riverside Boat Rental, 412 2nd Street West, Polson, (406) 883-2300. They also have boat rentals, runabouts, ski boats, pontoons, and deck boats.
- Whitewater Rafting:
- Wind-Surfing -- right out your front door!
- Winter swimming -- Mission Valley Aquatics, (406) 883-4567 -- Excellent facility open every day. It has a 25-yard competitive/fitness pool with eight lanes and a warm water therapy/instructional pool along with party room, locker rooms and lobby.
- zip-lining -- Glacier ZipLines, (406) 892-8020
- Out door fire pit
- Two paddle boards
- Two kayaks
- Large front yard
- Books For Kids
- Cable Television and Wi-Fi (FREE)
- DVD Player
- Games -- Pictionary -- Abalone -- Backgammon -- Look before you leap (for 5-12 yrs. and parents)
- Outdoor Games -- 2 badminton racket sets -- 1 volleyball
- Video Game Console
- Video Games:
Wii video console and games
- Aerial Adventure Park -- Glacier Highline, (406) 387-5007 --17 low ropes course | 30 high ropes course
- Art gallery -- Sandpiper Art and Gift Gallery 306 Main Street, Suite A, Polson, (406) 883-5956 -- All-volunteer gallery with workshops, exhibits, a library and other resources (see art shows). Take Horse Gallery carries museum quality original fine art pieces ranging from contemporary western to abstract and Native American art. They feature established artists, as well as emerging artists.
- Art Shows -- two art festivals annually: second weekend of August -- on the courthouse lawn during the car show. Third weekend in August -- Flathead Lake Festival of Art in Sacagawea Park during the Blues Festival.
- Blue Goose Aviation Tours -- (719) 393-5550 -- offering aviation tours of our Mission Valley, over the beautiful Flathead Lake, as well as over the amazing Bison Range National Park.
- Blues Festival
- Cherry Eating/Drinking -- (970) 532-3887 -- sweet cherries, located behind the Polson Museum. Tabletree Montana, in partnership with Flathead Lake Cherry Growers, produces delicious, nutritious juice from fresh fruit and was named "Best Pure Juice" at the 2012 World Juice Awards in Barcelona, Spain. Tabletree juices are available at Mission Mountain Natural Foods, 319 Main St., Polson, 406-883-2847 -- They have been in business 44 years!!
- Cherry Festival
- Creamery -- 208 1st Avenue East, Polson, (406) 883-0343 -- Flathead Lake Cheese makes artisan cheese by hand in small batches and uses solar powered heat to pasteurize their locally collected milk. You'll find their schedule online. Stop by the Creamery for tours, tasting and sales.
- Good Food Store -- One of the best health food stores in the nation -- worth visiting!
- Kerr Dam -- 5.1 miles southwest of Polson on Kerr Dam Road; (406) 883-4450. Kerr Dam is a three-unit hydroelectric plant on the Flathead River, the natural outlet of Flathead Lake. The units have a total generating capacity of 196 megawatts.
- Live Theater -- Port Polson Players
- Museum -- The Miracle of America -- (406) 883-6804. Montana's largest and most diversified museum. Kid friendly, lady friendly, just plain friendly. Interactive objects in the museum village of 40 buildings. Mostly metal, mostly whimsical sculpture art scattered around the grounds and in the gift shop. Picnic tables and benches on the grounds. -- Polson-Flathead Historical Museum -- offers many displays and memorabilia.
- Parks -- Riverside Park, Glacier National Park, Boettcher Park -- picnic area, swimming, showers, zero-entry beach for young swimmers, playset, swings, horseshoes, volleyball, concessions, paddleboat rentals, and the Port Polson Players live summer theater.
- Polar Bear Tours -- Great Bear Foundation offers the only truly low-impact, economical, non-exploitative Churchill polar bear tours.
- Polson-Flathead Historical Museum
- Rodeo - Arlee Rodeo, Mission MT NRA Rodeo, and Flathead River Indian Rodeo.
- Skate Park
- Shooting Ranges -- Clay Target Shooting and Polson Shooters Association, 38386 Kerr Dam Rd., Polson, (406) 883-1110 -- NRA associated organization that provides facility for rifle and pistol target practice and training
- Wildhorse Island -- Horses run wild along with big horn sheep, deer and many more. Picnic, swim and be amazed -- Wild Horses or More Wild Horses
Local Services & Businesses
- ATM/Bank available 5 miles away
- Catering -- Hog Boss, (406) 249-5007 -- a mobile catering service specializing in BBQ and pig roasts. Meats and seafood available -- Pie -- Genevieves Hot Pies, (406) 207-2408 -- fresh baked fruit pies for special delivery.
- Cinemas -- Showboat Cinemas -- 416 Main St Polson
- Crows Nest Gallery -- 214 Main Street, Polson, ( 406) 883-2488 -- art gallery, frame shop, gifts
- Farmer's Market -- both Missoula and Polson have great farmer's market well worth the outing! The Missoula Farmers Market is a gathering of food and friends since 1972. Market opens with fresh local produce, flowers, baked goods and coffee provided by over 100 vendors. Located in Circle Square (at the north end of Higgins Avenue -- by the XXX's).
- Fitness Gym -- Big Sky Strength and Fitness -- Tanning, Weight lifting, Aerobics, Yoga, Pilates, Cardio and more. Polson Medical Fitness Center, 101 Whitewater Place, Suite A, Polson, (406) 883-7450 -- A day pass is $8.
- Gluten Free Restaurant -- Betty's Diner, 49779 US Hwy 93, Polson, (406) 883-1717 -- steaks, burgers, and hand-cut fries. Nothing processed and the largest gluten-free menu in the northwest. Flathead Lake view from our outdoor deck. Open daily 7am-10pm, except for Sundays 7am-4pm.
- Groceries -- 5 miles away you will find:
- Safeway -- 40774 MT Hwy 35 Polson -- deli, bakery, meat, produce, Rx, floral, Starbucks, fuel station.
- Walmart -- next to Safeway
- Health Food --Mission MT Natural Foods, 319 Main St, Polson, (406) 883-2847 -- Organic groceries and supplements. Kalispell's organic grocery is Mountain Valley Foods.
Restaurants minutes away worth checking out:
- Finley Point Grill, 35427 MT Hwy 35, Polson, (406) 887-2020 -- Steaks, Chops, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta. Native American & Western Decor.
- East Shore Smoke House, 35103 MT Hwy 35, Polson, (406) 887-2096 -- Inside and out, it reflects what "Old Montana" was! Fantastic Angus steaks, prime rib & ribs from our hickory smoker. Full service bar. Outdoor event patio dining. Family friendly.
- Restaurants -- About 5 miles away or more you will find:
- Pizza Hut -- 50417 US Hwy 93 Polson
- McDonald's -- 51154 US Hwy 93 Polson
- Richwines Burgerville -- seafood baskets, burgers, chicken, malts. known for their 100% bull hamburger, hand ground, fresh on the premises, hand pressed daily and made to customer specifications.
- The Hot Spot -- 50440 US Hwy 93 Polson -- Thai cuisine.
- Boardwalk Cafe -- FISH-N-CHIPS thick and creamy Huckleberry Milkshakes or real Huckleberry ice crème.
- Fiesta En Jalisco -- Authentic Mexican Restaurant with full bar
- Cove Deli & Pizza -- Sandwiches, pizza and 16 flavors of Montana made Wilcoxson’s ice cream.
- China Gate -- Chinese cuisine, bar, lounge, family restaurant.
- Lake City Bakery and Eatery -- 49493 US Hwy 93 Polson -- Bakery-Breads, donuts, pastries, cakes, pie, Espresso, smoothies, frappes, shakes, etc. Full breakfast and lunch menu.
- MacKenzie River -- 207 Ridgewater Polson -- Pizza
- Swanee's Bar and Grill -- 820 Shoreline Drive Polson
- Sweet Bliss -- 50599 Hwy 93 Polson -- Bagels, wraps, soup, baked goods and frozen yogurt.
- Shopping -- The Rack -- A women’s and men’s clothing boutique -- 308 Main Street Polson
- Special Shops - Three Dog Down is a spot you don't want to miss in Polson! From the fantastic deals on down comforters and pillows (noted in several national travel magazines and consumer publications).
- Bird Watching - Ninepipes and Pablo Wildlife Refuges
- SK Marina offers boat put in, dock slips, jet ski/boat rentals and scenic lake cruises (part of Kwa Tuk Nuk Best Western).
- Flathead Lake Boat Company, (406) 883-0999 -- Boat and PWC rentals
- Paddle Boating -- Boettcher Park
- Bowling -- Sportspage Bowl Grill & Lounge, 101 Heritage Lane, Polson, (406) 883-4030 -- Friday night prime rib and seafood dinner specials. Lunch specials Mon-Fri with homemade soups. Breakfast served Sat & Sun 8am till noon. 9 TV's in lounge. Complimentary chili & hotdog bar for Football Sundays. DJ and "flip night" every Saturday at 9:00 pm. Karaoke Friday nights.
- Casino -- Kwa Taq Nuk Best Western Casino
- Massage -- For on site massage please book when you are making your rental reservation if possible.
- Mission Mountain Winery -- Winery
- Pilates -- Caselli's Massage Therapy & Pilates Studio
- Spa -- Helios Spa -- Full service spa specializing in facials, body treatments, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, microneedling and problem skin.
- Trail Rides
- Yoga -- Montana Om Yoga
Your large private wrap-around deck looks out to the lake, sunsets, wildlife and even the occasional reflections of the moon on the water. It is completely available for your enjoyment!
There are many large, beautiful trees adjacent to the home and behind the home.
Below is your own private washer and dryer for your convenience.